Monday, February 14, 2011

Berbatov Sets for Another 20 Goals


After spending most of Saturday's derby on the bench, and watching Wayne Rooney taking over the headlines, the Bulgarian said : "Everything's going well for me this season and if we can win the title it will be even better." Berbatov added that its his main wish. "If in May we've won the title and I'm there to lift it, then it would be a personal best for me." Winning the 19th league title is very important at Manchester United. " I'd love to do that for Alex Ferguson, who's been here almost 25 years, as well as my team-mates and the fans."
Berbatov has scored 19 league goals this term and he hopes to double that tally before the end of the campaign.
He said: "We still have a lot of games left in the league, as well as matches in the FA Cup and the Champions League. We want to reach the final in both those competitions, so that gives me plenty of time.

"My ambitions have always been high, so I'll try and score another 20 by the end."

Berbatov was clearly impressed with Rooney's winner in the 2-1 victory over arch-rivals City.

He said: "When you consider all the attributes forwards need, Wayne is No1 in my opinion. He's the best forward I've ever played with."

Recent News/Match Goal Streaming