Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rooney Hails His 'Best' Goal Ever

Manchester United's striker Wayne Rooney said his wonder overhead strike that secured a 2-1 derby win over Manchester City was the best of his career.

Rooney said to the BBC Sport : "As soon as I hit it, I knew it was in and it's definitely the best goal I've scored, it was a special feeling. The fans deserve that from me because I've not had the best of seasons."

Rooney's late strike sent United seven points clear at the top of the Premier League table, and eight points ahead of City.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was delighted with Rooney's goal, calling it the best he has seen at Old Trafford.

"It was stunning," he said. "Unbelievable.

"We've had some fantastic goals here but in terms of execution, you'll never see that."

Recent News/Match Goal Streaming